By Steven White
Adam’s Inn Employee
If you’re here on business, Adam’s Inn makes it easy to get your work done!
1) Internet Access:
• We recently upgraded our free WIFI Network. The new routers offer faster connection speeds including 5G (for those devices that have it). WIFI service is available in all guest rooms, the garden, and on the front porch, as well as all first floor common areas.
• If you have large files you need to send or receive, ask front office for a patch cable to connect to one of our routers. That should speed things up a bit for you. If you are still having trouble sending or receiving those large files consider creating a “cloud” based drop box using free services such as Google’s Drive or Microsoft’s SkyDrive.
• You can also get free Internet access near Adam’s Inn. McDonald’s or Starbucks are two nearby options, just around the corner. You might have to buy some fries and a Coke or a Grande Latte, but it is worth it. A 10-minute walk will take you to IHOP, Panera Bread, Tynan Coffee Shop, Starbucks and Target, all of which offer free WIFI and are located at or near the intersection of Irving Street and 14th Street NW. You can also find WIFI Hot Spots by visiting this government sponsored website.
• If you currently pay for your Internet connection through a service such as Clear or Comcast’s Xfinity, you should be able to use it in most places around the Washington, DC area. Comcast may offer free WIFI for a couple hours then you can pay for it by the hour of day. Go to their website to check coverage maps and get free Apps for your mobile device http://hotspots.wifi.comcast.com/.
2) Printing, shipping and supplies:
• We have a computer and printer available for guests, free of charge. You can print boarding passes, directions to your meeting or very small presentations. If you have an urgent need to make a copy, mail a letter, or borrow from our stash of office supplies, stop by the office – we will gladly help you out.
• The nearest Post Office is at 2300 18th Street, NW, about four (4) blocks away from the Inn. The hours are 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Friday and 9:00 am – 12:00 pm on Saturday.
• If you have a large copy, print, or shipping need we recommend you go to the FedEx Office Print Ship Center located at 1812 Adams Mill Road, just around the corner from the Inn. Their hours are 7:30 am – 9:00 pm Monday – Friday, 10:00 am – 6:00 pm on Saturday and 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm on Sunday.
• You can also do large copy and printing jobs at Staples in Columbia Heights, across the street from the Columbia Heights metro station. Located at Irving and 14th Street NW, Staples is about a 10 minute walk from the Adam’s Inn. Remember, you can buy all of your office supplies there, too.
• Other places to get supplies include: Target, Giant and CVS in Columbia Heights, and CVS and Safeway on Columbia Road behind the Inn. FedEx Office Center will usually carry basic supplies as well.